Mijn Instagram

Friday, December 17, 2010

Tofu and Water Spinach

It's called tofu...usually it's white but you can also find yellow ones.
This time, water spinach was going to accompany the tofu.
Then both of them were two things that I had last week to be my lunch menu.

So, the tofu would be cooked as "Sweet (Java) Marinated Tofu (Tahu Bacem)".

My cooking result...unfortunately, it's not really sweet enough as the ones that I've tried in Yogyakarta. I think I should try it another time with more palm sugar.
I found an interesting recipe about Tahu Bacem, just check it out:)









I think, I gave too many red chillies,hehhehe.











Look at to this site: http://www.indonesian-culinary.com/recipe/27/120/vegetable/sauteed-water-spinach-_-tumis-kangkung/ , as the source of the recipe that I used to cook the water spinach.
Well, I'm still learning so it's a nice lunch for me. Now, I'm thinking what I will learn this week :).

4 comments:

Indonesia Eats said...

I'll be appreciate if you link back to my tahu bacem recipe. Anyway, as I don't like too much sweet for my tahu bacem, I reduced the sugar in that recipe.

LisaDidien said...

Hi, Indonesian Eats...thanx for visiting my blog.

Well, actually I have linked back to your tahu bacem recipe. If people click "sweet (java) marinated tofu", it will link to your recipe. But now, I have written your link clearly, in the bottom part of the recipe. So, people can see the original recipe from you.

I apologize that I didn't ask your permission to copy the text. Hope it's ok now,hehe. Next time, I will let you know if I want to copy your recipe.
Honestly, my English is not really good and I'm just beginer in cooking food, that's why I search an english and found yours as the nice one.

Thank you, I like your blog. :)

Indonesia Eats said...

No worry about it! Thanks for linking back and liking my blog.

dian said...

looks nyummy! hiks...aku cuma bisa nemu kangkung disini pas musim panas aja. padahal favorit tuh, ditumis pake irisan cabe banyak, huhaaaaahhhh....